Radial Neuritis is when you experience problems with the radial nerve that controls the movement of the tricep muscles located at the back side of the upper arm. This nerve is also responsible for movement in our wrists and fingers. You may be suffering from radial neuritis because of other underlying conditions.
In order for this condition to improve, the underlying cause has to be treated.
Underlying conditions may include one or more of the following:
- Physical trauma
- Exposure to toxins.
Other possible causes:
- Fracture of the humerus
- Sleeping in an awkward position
- Falling on your arm
- Long term constriction of your wrist
If you have radial neuritis, you may experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Sharp or Burning pain in your finger or thumb,
- Unusual sensations in your thumb and fingers
- Numbness, tingling and trouble straightening your arm, wrist or fingers.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections are a non-invasive option for radial neuritis. Optimizing your body’s natural ability to heal, while significantly reducing inflammation and pain.