Rib cage pain causes one to feel a sudden sharp, dull or achy feeling on or below the chest, and in some cases above the navel. Rib pain occurs when one suffers from a variety of injuries that include pulled muscles to a fracture.
Most cases of rib cage pain heal on their own or with minimal treatment while others may require immediate emergency intervention.
Can result from any activity involving a pulled muscle or bruised ribs. Other causes may include:
- Rib Fractures
- Broken Ribs
- Chest Injuries
- Inflammation of the lungs
- Bone diseases
- Muscle spasms
- Swollen rib cartilage
If you have greater trochanteric pain syndrome, you may experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Pain in the outer bottom/thigh/buttock area.
- Pain when lying down on your side.
- Increased pain during exercise (long period of walking, standing or running).
- Altered walking pattern.
- More noticeable pain when walking briskly.
- Tenderness to touch.
- Pain sitting with your legs crossed.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections is a non-invasive treatment option for rib pain. As recognized international experts in Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, we are highly skilled at optimizing your body’s natural ability to heal, while significantly reducing inflammation and pain.